Using an unclean shower head can be dangerous to your health. If you don’t maintain your shower head regularly, it can be a breeding ground for various bacteria and other germs. But, you don’t have to worry.
Here, we will discuss an easy way to clean a showerhead within 45 minutes. All you need is some white vinegar and you can easily clean a Moen shower head without even removing it.
How To Clean A Moen showerhead?
After Detaching The Showerhead
- Take out the Moen showerhead using a plier. You can also use a wrench or vice grip. But, wrap the showerhead using a small piece of rag before deploying any tool. The cloth keeps the finish safe from dents and scratches.
- Take out the shower head’s cover if you find one. You can twist the lid to take it off. Do not apply additional force if the cover seems stuck. It’s not crucial to detach the cover. You can clean the fixture with its lid.
- Estimate how much white vinegar you need by taking a look at your shower head. The next step is to submerge the showerhead into warm white vinegar. Warm the same amount of vinegar on the stove. Do not boil it.
- Take a bucket or bowl and pour the white vinegar inside it. Put the showerhead inside the vinegar and let it rest for around 20 minutes.
- Use a thin wire or a paper clip to clean all the water outlets. After cleaning all the debris, rinse the showerhead and put it back inside the vinegar.
- Rinse your Moen shower head with warm water after 10 to 15 minutes. Reattach the head and test its water flow.
Attached Shower Head
- Fill vinegar in a plastic bag. Make sure it’s significant enough to house your shower head.
- Put the bag over your Moen showerhead and submerge it inside the warm vinegar. Use a tape or rubber band to secure the bag with the showerhead.
- Take out the bag after 20 minutes. Use an old toothbrush to remove all the dirt and mineral accumulation. Then, rinse the showerhead with hot water. You can use a wet cloth if necessary.
We hope now you know how to clean a Moen showerhead. The steps mentioned above keeps your shower head germ-free so that you can enjoy a clean shower every day.
However, do not soak the showerhead into vinegar for more than 20 minutes. Otherwise, vinegar might damage its finish.